
There's a new school that teaches Tai-chi, Motorcycle maintenance, and jazz improvisation, anywhere in the world, for free or paid, whichever happens to be your circumstance. So go out and learn or teach something, or both!
Luckily for my dissertation, it seems people would like to be more musical:

PS - in all of the subjects that I "teach", there are far more teachers than learners. Isn't that curious? Do we all just want to share knowledge, but not absorb anything? Hmmm....
PPS - see comments for a note from one of the founders of SoE!
2 comments:
Hello -
This is Dougald, one of the founders of School of Everything. I just wanted to say hello - and thank you for telling people about what we're doing.
Music has definitely turned out to be one of the most popular areas of the site - and I've been amazed by the range of styles and instruments people are teaching. (My colleague Claire wrote a blog post about this a few months ago.)
By the way, we don't really explain this clearly on the site as yet, but there's a reason you're seeing more "teachers" than "learners" for your subjects. If someone adds a subject to their learning profile, it usually means they want to learn it but can't find a teacher near them yet - and the site will send them an update when new teachers sign up in their area. If someone finds a teacher straight away through the site, they often don't add the subject to their learning profile. Like I say, this is definitely something we could make clearer!
Thanks again for joining the site - and for helping spread the word about it.
Dougald
Ah, I see. So not everyone completes their profile, whether or not they've found a teacher for what they're learning.
Thanks for commenting!
Post a Comment